Prebore means your doors will arrive with holes already routed out for European / Concealed style hinges.
There are two very important things to keep it mind. Cup Style and Bore Distance.
- Cup only: Used for "screw on" style hinges—where the hinge is attached to the door with wood screws.
- Cup and Dowel: Used for "press-in" style hinges that come with special screws and plastic dowels used to attach the hinge to the door.
- The choice between 3mm and 5mm refers to the distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the hinge hole and will be determined by your hinge model. You will need to consult the specification sheet for your hinge. The illustration below explains the different preboring options available.
*Please note the following
- Heights below 50” to have 2 bores
- Heights at 50” and up” to have 3 bores
(Please note that an additional $10 will be needed for any bore pattern outside of the norm.)
All doors and drawer fronts from our IKEA Program will be bored to fit the patterns related to the Sektion cabinets. Due to licencing issues we cannot use images here, but we can tell you what each code is:
SEM Standard - the Regular Boring option for most doors.
SEM Lazy Susan A - Only needed for Lazy Susan cabinets, Right side
SEM Lazy Susan B - Only needed for Lazy Susan cabinets, Left side
SEM 4 - for most smaller drawer fronts
SEM 12 - for larger drawer drawer fronts