Specifications, Warranty & Guarantee
Cabinet Doors & Drawer Fronts
CHANGES MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE ONCE AN ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED. ORDERS ARE PROCESSED IMMEDIATELY. IF WE ARE ABLE TO CANCEL OR ALTER AN ORDER, A $25 FEE MAY APPLY.
We read sizes "Width x Height." Orders are placed to the nearest 1/16". Please check sizes and specifications carefully as this is your confirmation of the order. We do this to make sure you receive your order correctly. Any mistake that is not corrected becomes your responsibility. Special instructions should be clearly communicated. If you do not receive confirmation, please check your Spam folder or call us. We may have experienced a transmission problem and need your assistance. Do not re-fax or e-mail again. Most orders are shipped in 5-10 working days from credit approval. Prices are subject to change without notice.
HANDLING AND FREIGHT POLICY
In an effort to simplify and clarify our charges for freight and handling, the following policy applies:
- Our trucks will deliver to major metropolitan areas and will be shipped at intervals determined by the volume of orders to be delivered in each market area. Orders of 12 pieces or less or $300.00 or less are subject to shipment via UPS and assessed for packaging materials required to ship plus UPS charges.
- All orders will be assessed a standard HANDLING CHARGE. Each door (a pair of doors counts as 2 items) and drawer fronts will be counted for the handling charge. This charge will apply to all orders, whether it is to be will-called, delivered on our truck or shipped common carrier or UPS. Additional delivery attempts via our trucks or UPS will result in a charge of $50.00 each.
- All other orders will be shipped via common carrier or UPS. Orders will be assessed for packaging materials required to ship.
- Minimum invoice charge $25.00.
- Any damage to outer packaging must be noted and brought to the attention of the carrier. Save all packaging material in case a damage claim is to be made. If you would like to file a claim for products damaged upon arrival, please send photos and a description of the damage to sales[at]cabinetnow.com. We will advise you within 1 business day of our course of action.
- $15.00 fuel surcharge for each delivery.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS THAT REQUIRES YOUR SPECIAL ATTENTION
- Because of its nature, wood will expand and contract. Changes in temperature, humidity and other conditions produce wood movements. Wood is like a sponge, even when finished it will pick up moisture and easily expand in mountain and coastal regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. It will dry out and easily shrink in desert regions causing wood to warp, twist or crack. Consequently, proper precautions must be taken during storing, handling and finishing operations.
- You may need to perform extra sanding steps when using darker stains or glazing applications.
- To preserve and enhance the quality and beauty of our unfinished wood products we strongly recommend finishing and sealing of doors in a very timely manner.
- Unfinished wood needs protection from moisture and from extreme fluctuations in temperature and humidity. Construction sites may vary in temperature as much as 30 to 50 degrees from day to night, causing warping, twisting or cracking of unfinished doors within 24 hours. Even finished doors will do the same.
- Before doors are delivered, have all windows and exterior doors in place and bring the house to occupancy level conditions. Make sure all new drywall and plaster has had at least 2 weeks to dry.
- Many jobs are finished on site, where doors are not removed from the cabinet prior to finishing. This causes unfinished top rails on upper cabinets and unfinished bottom rails on lower cabinets. This allows moisture to be absorbed through the unfinished portion of the door, causing warping, twisting or cracking.
- Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products generates wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer.
CabinetNow.com strictly adheres to these recommendations:
- Under no circumstances should unfinished mill work be delivered to a job or site that is under construction and open to the the elements.
- Doors should not be subjected to abnormal heat, cold, extreme dryness, humid conditions or sudden changes therein.
- The entire door must receive two coats of a good grade finish. Completely and evenly finish ALL PIECES - front, back, top bottom, sides and all cutouts.
CABINETNOW.COM WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE DUE TO THESE SITUATIONS. THESE ARE NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT.
CabinetNow.com manufactures and ships UNFINISHED wood products nationwide. ONCE OUR PRODUCTS ARE RECEIVED, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO MONITOR THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THEY ARE KEPT. We provide special handling instructions with every order, to minimize any warping, twisting or cracking due to conditions beyond our control.
Claims on any order or material discrepancies must be made within 2 weeks of receipt of order or prior to HINGING, HANGING or FINISHING.
Doors will not be returned without prior written approval. Doors MAY need to be returned in their original condition to the offices of CabinetNow.com for inspection. Any item that has been hinged, hung or finished, shows signs of exposure to moisture, heat or sun, shows signs of job site neglect or is modified in any way shall be deemed accepted by the buyer and voids any warranty. If it is deemed to be a manufacturing error, shipping charges will be reimbursed.
If our product is handled in accordance with our recommended guidelines, most problems will be minimized. Remember, you are dealing with an unfinished wood product that will warp, twist or crack within 24 hours if not treated or handled properly.
Any requests for paint grade doors with wood panels carry no warranty or guarantee of any kind.
Products must be inspected upon receipt. Our guarantee covers the replacement of doors and drawer fronts in an unfinished state and in good condition, as originally delivered F.O.B. from our factory. Any variation from our normal construction specifications is not guaranteed, i.e., reducing the thickness of the panel or frames or any height over 48". A warp or twist of 3/16" of an inch or less is not considered a defect. A twist is measured by placing the face of the door against a true plane surface. Doors are manufactured to the nearest 1/16th of an inch.
CabinetNow.com will not be held responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control (i.e. obstruction or blockage of usual routes of transportation, unavoidable accidents, riots, natural disasters, vehicle shortages, prevention of labor, power shortages or lack of materials.) There are no other warranties of any kind expressed or implied.