Replacing your kitchen cabinets is a massive job that takes time, energy, and a lot of money. Most homeowners have no idea how much they should be spending to replace their kitchen cabinets. From hiring contractors to buying the cabinets, it can all be very confusing, and your bill can quickly add up if you don't know what you're doing.
When replacing your cabinets, you'll first need to buy the cabinets with its doors, boxes, and drawers. Once you have your cabinets, you'll need to hire a contractor and handyman to install them. All of the above will need to be taking into consideration when budgeting to replace your kitchen cabinets. To help you fully understand what replacing your kitchen cabinets will cost, we break down the cost of high-end and budget-friendly cabinetry and its installation.
A Basic Breakdown
- Cabinet Installer ($35-$65 per hour): $525-$975
- Handyman ($60-$90 per hour): $900-$1,350
- Cabinets ($100-$280 per linear foot): $2,000- $5,600
Total for cabinets only: $2,900-$6,950
- Cabinet removal and disposal: $55-$85 per cabinet
- Molding: $300-$2,400
- Specialty cabinetry: $300-$850
- Sink base cabinet: $300 per linear foot