Bland or boring cabinetry?
Your environment has a huge impact on how you feel every day. One of the easiest ways to give any room a makeover is by changing up the cabinets. By adding some paint, texture, or unique hardware, you can transform the look and feel of any room. Here are 10 ideas to spice up your kitchen cabinet doors.
1. Paint Your Cabinets
One of the easiest ways to makeover your cabinets is by adding a fresh coat of paint. You can do so by doing the following:
● Remove the cabinet door.
● Remove any dirt and grease with trisodium phosphate (TSP), and sand away any nicks and cracks.
● Prime your cabinets and let it dry.
● Paint your cabinets.
2. Wallpaper Your Cabinet Doors
Even though wallpaper is meant for your walls, it can also be used on your cabinets. If you live in a rental or don't have the budget for a renovation right this moment then this is the percent solution for you. Add color and awesome designs to your cabinet doors by doing the following:
● Paint your doors with a semigloss interior latex paint and let it dry.
● Cut a piece of wallpaper /contact paper to fit the recessed panel of your cabinet door.
● Apply spray adhesive to the back of the wallpaper or just peel and stick your contact paper. Carefully smooth it onto the recessed panel.
● (Optional) You can now use a paintbrush to apply a thin coat of decoupage medium over both the wallpaper and the rest of the door.
3. Add Door Trim work
By adding an interesting trim around the doors of your cabinets you give them a dimensional look. Detailed molding and trim work can highlight your cabinets doors as displays of art. To do so you’ll need to do the following:
● Measure your cabinet doors to determine how much molding you'll need.
● Use a miter box to cut your molding strips to size.
● Paint the cabinets and molding the same color and then let it dry.
● Use wood glue to glue the molding to the cabinet and clamp in place. Let the glue dry.
4. Remove Your Cabinet Doors
Ever though about open shelving? A simple way to give your kitchen, bedroom or even bathroom a fresh look is by removing your cabinet doors. By doing this, you automatically extend sight lines which increase the sense of space in a room.
5. Add Texture
Adding texture to anything transforms the look. Whether its ribbed glass or grooved/ beading panel for your cabinet doors, your space now has a built-in decoration in an otherwise "hard to decorate" space.
6. Get Bigger Cabinet Doors
Have some appliances you would rather not be showcased to the world? Extra- long cabinetry panel keep large appliances from being an eyesore. With the right hinges and hardware you can have that big pantry you have been dreaming about.
7. Wire Up Your Cabinets
Lightweight chicken wire may not sound glamorous, but used correctly it can make your cabinets look open and airy. If you are a fan of the farmhouse modern or rich country style look this idea is for you. You can have it by itself or use it under glass for a sophisticated, classic cabinet look. To do this makeover you’ll need to do the following:
● Remove the door face (we also have glass cabinets that don't automatically come with glass so you can do it your wire up outright.)
● Replace it with chicken wire cut to size.
● You can attach the chicken wire with a staple gun.
8. Add Unique Hardware
Transform your cabinets by replacing or refreshing your decor hardware. Whether you elevate your existing hardware or purchase something special, it is a simple and easy makeover.
9.Glass- front Cabinets
People often want to hide there dishes and appliances but what if you want to display them? Glass front doors not only still helps with condensing what you have but also organizing it as well. They help reinforce a stylish color scheme and the best part is if you have seasonal items you can swapp them out for a quick new look everytime.
10. Use Chalkboard Paint
Make your kitchen work harder for you with painting your cabinets with chalkboard. This is both practical and trendy. It is not ideal to paint all your cabinets with this paint, but adding it is specific areas can be useful. If your household needs an area to write a list of chores or what to buy at the grocery for the week this idea is for you.
Now that you know about these 10 awesome ideas, it’s now time to try a few! Go check out our site!