A kitchen remodel takes time and is a decision that should not be made quickly. But how do you know when it’s time to call in a designer and upgrade? Kitchen remodeling can range widely in terms of scope from simple cabinet door replacing projects to full gut and redesigns.
The kitchen is one of the most used spaces in your home. So, it is important for it to be both functional and comfortable for you to use. If working in your kitchen creates a constant headache and hassle, it may be time to consider a kitchen remodel. If you aren’t sure if your kitchen is ready for a remodel, consider these 3 signs that it is time.
1. You Don't Have Enough Space In Your Kitchen
Having a storage problem means one of two things: you have too much or your kitchen is too small. Either way, not having enough space in your kitchen can make it difficult to use. When the kitchen is inefficient with its use of storage space, many people become so frustrated that they choose to cook less. This could cause you to spend more on dining out. Let’s take a look at what to do in these two scenarios:
- You have too much stuff: Clutter can make your kitchen become impractical and nonfunctional. You’ll spend more time trying to find the right kitchen appliances and tools to use than actually cooking. Additionally, having too much stuff crammed into your kitchen can be dangerous. Due to the lack of space, you'll try to utilize every inch of space available on your cabinet shelves. This, in turn, can cause them to collapse and cause injury to yourself or a loved one.
- Your kitchen is too small: If you constantly try to make room for an appliance you frequently use, you've outgrown your kitchen. In this case, it may be time to upgrade your cabinets and remodel the space.
2. You Have Poor Lighting In Your Kitchen
When it comes to your kitchen, visibility is key - especially when chopping vegetables and washing your knives. In a dimly lit kitchen, you can’t rely on your stove light or lighting under your wall cabinets to provide the needed lighting. Poor lighting can be caused by various things like positioning, design, and electrical work. Poor lighting can also cause your kitchen to feel smaller and less clean. These can all be solved during the kitchen remodeling process by doing the following:
- Installing a skylight: A skylight works well if your kitchen is positioned in a way that doesn’t allow for natural light.
- Enlarging the kitchen windows: Another way to lighten up your kitchen is by enlarging your windows during the remodeling process.
- Installing a new lighting system: The remodeling process is the best time to install a new lighting system. By working with your designer and an electrician, you can design the best lighting for you.
3. You Want to Save Energy
Having an old kitchen can drain your power (and your bank account). If you have an older kitchen, you may not have the newest energy-efficient features of a modern-day kitchen. Modern appliances and features save energy and reduce your energy bills. Modern kitchens are equipped with modern appliances which are made to be energy efficient. Some of these modern energy-saving hacks include the following:
- Installing a skylight which reduces the need for using energy-draining artificial lighting.
- Using solar power instead of normal power reduces your energy bill and is environmentally friendly.
- Updating drafty windows to energy-efficient models.
- Update your old appliances with newer ones, which are typically more energy-efficient.
If you have any one of these problems, you may want to consider a kitchen remodel. Whether you need a complete kitchen overhaul or just new cabinets, the remodeling process is the perfect time to do so. For all your cabinetry needs, head over to CabinetNow.
If you are struggling with getting started, or you have a list and are ready to talk style and material, feel free to give us a call at 1-855-669-5222 or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our well-trained sales staff can help you with everything from measuring to ordering.