Remodels can be a long and grueling process. You see it all the time on HGTV, when couples go at it because of an unexpected expense and a tight budget. Being prepared and having a general guideline of projects can reduce your risk of stress and going over budget.
Typically a kitchen remodel can be done in 4-6 weeks, depending on the your needs and the professionals you’re working with. We’ve broken down a typical remodel to give you a better idea of how long a remodel should take and what to expect!
- Site preparation (floor coverings, etc)
- General outline for electrical/plumbing
- Measure for countertops and order as soon as possible
- First coats of primer, paint
- Install cabinets
- Floor installation
- Install countertop
Week 5 (Or After Countertops)
- Tile and backsplash installation
- Grout, sealants and coats of paint if necessary
- Install appliances and fixtures
- Final cleaning
- Final touches including finishes, paint, etc.
- Decorate and enjoy!
Remember! This is a very general guideline and does not encompass every aspect that goes into a kitchen remodel. Just use this as a guide to get you thinking about your remodel! Always take into consideration the likelihood of unexpected delays and costs.