Are you struggling to pick countertops and cabinets to compliment each other? We provide you with tips and tricks to help you do so.
Tips For Matching Your Kitchen Countertops And Cabinets
Matching your countertops with cabinets has to do than picking the right color coordination. There are various factors that come into play when making the perfect match. Here’s how to pick countertops to compliment your kitchen cabinets.
Pick Countertops And Cabinets That Suits Your Lifestyle
When picking your countertops and cabinets you need to consider your lifestyle. What you do in your kitchen and the age of the people that live in your home all play a role in what you pick for your kitchen. Both your countertops and cabinets can have significant benefits to your lifestyle so you need to pick wisely.
Here are various cabinet types that may suit your lifestyle:
- A family home. Base cabinets, drawers, and tall floor cabinets are perfect if you have children. These allow children to easily reach dishes without having to climb on a stool or countertop.
- Plenty of storage. Wall cabinets save you floor space while providing good storage space.
Your countertops also need to suit your lifestyle. Here are countertop materials that you can choose from:
- Bachelor pad. Granite, concrete and wood countertop require sealing or oiling. This type of maintenance may not be suitable for a family with young children.
- A family home. Stainless steel, laminate, stone and quartz countertops need little maintenance. Metal and engineered stone also resist staining and can be easily cleaned. This makes all these materials perfect for a family with children.
Know Your Style
When picking your countertops and cabinets, match it with the existing decor in your home. Survey the rest of your home and make note of the appliances, colors, and lighting. Here are some countertop and cabinet match ups that might work for you:
- Stainless steel countertop matches well with dark cabinets and creates a modern look.
- Granite countertops paired with dark brown cabinets with distressed finishes is perfect for a home with Old-World charm.
- White cabinets and ceramic tile countertop will complement simplistic cottage decor.
- Eco-friendly bamboo cabinets matched with recycled glass countertops add a natural element to your kitchen.
Match Color And Texture
Kitchen cabinets are made of various materials including wood, bamboo, metal, glass or other man-made materials. Additionally, cabinetry can be painted or stained to suit your needs. You can match your countertops to your cabinets using color and texture in the following ways:
Use stark contrasting colors. White cabinets and black countertops create a beautiful, modern look.
- Match bold colors. Lime green cabinetry and stainless steel countertops create a bold contemporary look.
- Use laminate countertops. You’ll have a limitless range of patterns and colors to choose from and match your cabinets.
- Get a modern look. You can pair granite countertop with gray or brown cabinetry to create a modern look.
- Use natural elements. Match your wooden cabinets with marble countertops. Additionally, you can add glass doors to your cabinetry to bring this look together.
Before you start your remodeling project, make sure you pick the colors and textures of countertops and cabinets to suit your lifestyle. To make your life easier, head to your local showrooms and get samples which you can mix and match to get the perfect combination.
For more information on cabinets, visit Cabinet Now where you’ll high-quality product at affordable prices. Plus, you can purchase everything online and have it delivered directly to your doorstep.