Shop by Category
- Fax: 1-800-544-4496
- Hours: 6am-6pm PT M-F
Shop by Style
Drawer slides are an important selection when you are thinking about how you want to use your drawer box. Drawer slides are necessary for measuring for your Drawer Box to determine how much room to account for, so that your drawer box installs the way you want. Read our How to measure a drawer box blog to see how your selection of drawer slides impacts your measurements. Determining what type of Drawer Slides can be difficult, that is why here a Cabinetnow.com we have made it easy for selection.
1) How far do you want to pull out your drawer? The Extension of the drawer slides determines how far your drawer will pull out by the following.
- Full Extension
- 3/4 Extension
2) What is the weight of the items you will be putting into the drawer box? Weight ratings on each slide will tell you the maximum weight that can be attached. Remember that the weight of the drawer box itself is included in this rating.
- 75 - 100 lbs
- 125 - 150 lbs
- 170 - 200 lbs
3) What type of closing mechanism do you want on your drawer slides? Closing mechanisms are for the assistance of closing your drawers.
- Self-Close - The drawer box will close with minimal effort.
- Soft-Close - The drawer box will close slowly to stop from slamming shut.
4) How do you want to mount the drawer slides? The placement of the drawer slides for installation. Please not other components might be necessary for install depending on each application.
- Side-Mount Slides - Drawer Slides are mounted on the side of the drawer box and could mount to the bottom of the drawer box.
- Undermount Slides - Drawer Slides are mounted on the bottom of the drawer box and notching is required on the drawer box for installation.
5) Depending on Mounting of Slides, what are components might be needed for installation?
- Locking Devices
- Mounting Brackets
- Hardware (Screws)
As you can see selecting your Drawer slides can be made easy, by answering the questions above and moving through the buying process. If you need help or have a question please let our experts know by phone or email.