Are you remodeling your master bath or giving your guest bathroom a makeover? Nothing changes the look, feel, and function of these rooms like a beautiful new vanity. No matter how big or small the room, a bathroom vanity is a multi-functional centerpiece that adds style, storage, and functionality to your bathroom. For decades, the standard height for bathroom vanity has been 30 to 32 inches, but today the range has widened and can easily be customized to a homeowner’s personal preference. If you’re DIYing this process, there is a lot to consider when installing a bathroom vanity. In this blog post, we break down everything you need to know about selecting the perfect bathroom vanity for your needs, from shopping to sizing.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Purchasing A Bathroom Vanity
Before you purchase a vanity, there are several things to consider, including the following:
- Available Space: A bathroom vanity can quickly take up a lot of space if it is too big, or look out of place if it is too small. Measure the intended space accordingly, so you don’t end up with something too big or too small in the space available in your bathroom.
- Existing Layout: The bathroom layout is a massive factor in the size and shape of the vanity you choose. Unless you plan on completely changing your bathroom layout, your vanity will have to go where the existing one is.
- Flow Of Traffic: With doors and drawers continually opening and closing, make sure that you leave enough space for you and your family to move around without hassle.
- Plumbing: Rerouting your plumbing is an expensive and challenging job that takes a lot of time and effort. Therefore, we advise that you stick with a vanity similar to the current one in your bathroom and place it in the same location.
- Existing Features: If you’re just replacing your bathroom vanity, you need to keep in mind the existing features of this space. Like the plumbing, mirrors, light switches, and power outlets are challenging and costly things to change.